Larkspur Building Department
9524 Spruce Mountain Road
Larkspur, CO 80118
BUILDING DEPARTMENT INFORMATION
The Larkspur Building Department reviews Land Use applications and processes Building Permits within the Larkspur Town Limits only. (Please see the attached list of Street Names and Addresses to determine if you are in the Town limits)
A Land Use application is required for, annexations, subdivisions, rezoning, site plans, variances and plot plans.
- Building Permits are required for all new construction and most building projects both inside and outside of the building. Our Building Permits and Inspections are provided by SafeBuilt. You can schedule an inspection with SafeBuilt at this number: 720-641-1956
- Permits provide third-party verification that the work completed meets the Town of Larkspur’s adopted codes. By following code guidelines, your completed project will meet minimum standards of safety and will be less likely to cause injury to you, your family, friends or future owners.
- It is best to check with the building department on any type of construction or remodeling you are planning to see if it requires a permit. You can check our “Do I need a Permit” form for a quick reference guide to common projects that need a permit or see what doesn’t need a permit.
- Building Permits can be submitted to the Building Department to be reviewed and processed. Many permits can be processed in a day for minor projects. Those projects needing a review please refer to the time of performance table provided by SafeBuilt.
The Town of Larkspur has adopted building codes and design criteria that are required to be followed. Please see the list below –
Building Codes at a Glance
Ordinance 3.112 Adoption of Building Codes
Perry Park Water & Sanitation District Specs
Douglas County Storm Drainage Design and Technical Criteria
Douglas County Roadway Design and Construction Standards
Ordinance 3.61 Adopts Douglas County Roadway Construction & Drainage Design & Criteria
PLAN REVIEW TIME TABLE
|Plan Reviews time frames||First comments||Second Comments|
|Single Family||5 days||3 days|
|Small commercial under $2M in valuation||10days||5 days|
|Large Commercial||15 days||10 Days|
- Land Use Application
- Land Use Application Check List for Initial Submittal
- Building Permit
- Exhibit C Fee Estimate Table for Building Permits
- Table A: Fee Estimate table for one stop Permits
- Electrical Permit Fees
For information on Current Permits issued in 2017 please click here.
◊Please note that the Building Department is closed on Thursday afternoons and all day Friday◊